There was an error in this gadget

Monday, August 30, 2010

beauty products review

clockwise from left: La Mer creme foundation in ivory; cleansing fluid; eye concentrate;
radiant concealer in dark; in the middle: uv protecting fluid sample

besides a fashion junkie, my other obsession is skincare and beauty products. I recently visited the La Mer beauty counter wanting to buy only their concealer as I was told it was pretty good and ended up buying a bunch of other products as well. the verdict of the radiant concealer is a disappointment. not only it gets cakey and instead of covering the fine lines under my eyes, it makes them appear more noticeable. this may not be the concealer for you if your under eye skin is dry. I've a good expectation of the creme foundation and the cleansing fluid but I haven't used them yet. the eye concentrate feels very good when put on, and I like the little metal applicator that comes with it. I'm yet to see the result of it. two-thumbs up for the uv protecting fluid. I only get to know it since they gave me a sample and thanks for that! it's got a very smooth texture and instantly moisturize and prep the skin. besides offering uv protection, it works fabulously as a makeup base. love it!


clockwise from left: YSL lip gloss no. 3; lipstick in no. 19; lipstick in no. 150; eyeshadow duo in no. 1;
Touche Eclat in no. 2; eyeliner in no. 1


lipstick is never my makeup routine but I just fell in love with the many beautiful colors that came out this year. a bold lip color can be so sensual and attention grabbing that the rest of your face can be in nude. I find that wearing the shade in matte can cover up more lip lines. these ones by YSL are matte but they also have similar shades in glossy. the lip gloss is a fun orangey pink like the grapefruit. the eyeshadow duo is an easy to match, everyday wear with a slight shimmer. the touche eclat got so many good reviews which probably doesn't need mine. but I like to use it as a highlighter on spots than a concealer for under-eye circles. the eyeliner is also a very good product which is able to draw precise, super-fine lines. best for a demure, elegant cat-eye look.


Top left: Tom Ford lipstick in Cherry Lush; right: Ginger Fawn; bottom: True Coral


Tom Ford is the ultimate name for anything stylish and sexy from fashion to eyewear to perfume and lip colors. I got these lipsticks two months back in italy and still saving them preciously for a special occasion. they are selling like hot cakes in europe and some of the colors run out of stock so early. I think he made the best and truest coral which is rare to find. and the smell is so good which makes me want to eat them. the latest great news is he will be venturing into cosmetics in full blown in 2011. can't wait to get my hands on everything from Ford!


clockwise from left: creme blush in Neon Rose (orange); blush in Flush (pink); lip gloss in Heatwave;
lipstick in Vamp; lip & cheek stain in Bitten Berry; lip stick /liner in Rosa;
all the way down: mascara in Raven (black); crayon in Satchel; Midnight; Sea
further down: kohl in Coal; Bolt; Saddle


just launched in jun 2010, I'm blown away by the quality, the thoughts that went into producing the extensive range and the nice colorings of these products. what's more? they are great value for money! you're paying the same price you paid for drugstore brand but in return you get great quality cosmetics that equals to luxury beauty brands. they are so easy to use and highly pigmented. my favorite is the crayons. they are glittery eyeshadows with fool-proof application. next is the lip gloss. when you think of gloss, they are usually half-transparent when put on and the base color is rather sheer. but this one is dense in color and even when I don't wear any lip color underneath, the color of the gloss gives full coverage to my lips. and the plus is it has this minty taste like a lip balm which is soooo refreshing. the range is created by a professional makeup designer and could be for professional use too. not a lot of luxury brands would have skin stain or tint becuz not everyone would use it or know how to use it. there are also the nailcolors, shadow duos and trios, bronzers, skin glow (foundation) and glitters. and the brushes are available now!

No comments:

Post a Comment