There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, October 14, 2010

bold lips by YSL & MAC

I've been obsessed with lip colors lately, which is strange since I'm never a lipstick wearer. I don't even bother to put balm on my lips unless they are chapped, so let alone any lipstick. but I guess makeup goes with fashion and the more I looked at the beautiful colors launched in the recent seasons, and especially when orange became a big hit during this summer, I have succumbed to the power of the beautiful bold lips. So the love story begins: YSL, Tom Ford, MAC, Makeup Forever and forever I'm in love.

latest purchase from YSL and MAC

YSL Rouge Pur Couture, Rouge Volupté, Glosses

from left: Rouge Pur Couture No. 6, No. 7, Rouge Volupté No. 12

from left: Golden Gloss No. 2, Gloss Pur No. 5

MAC Dare to Wear Lipglass
top: Wind Me Up
bottom: Ban This!

YSL just recently launched the new Rouge Pur Couture collection with 18 beautiful, highly pigmented colors. the most coveted shades are no doubt the Rouge Blanc & Rouge Noir. the salesperson at YSL counter told me they are short on both colors and there's already a waiting list. just think of the possibilities of creating your own shade of lip color with these magical lightening and darkening wands! I tried both and like Blanc better.



in the same collection, the signature color as told is No. 7 Le Fuchsia. it's the color used on all the models on the YSL fw 2010/11 runway. I love this color and it really pops to light up the face. somehow my camera is not reflecting the true shade and I was wearing the lip gloss No. 5 Pure Plum on top.







MAC Dare to Wear Lipglass are limited edition so get them before they go out. I like the pearlize effect as lips get really shimmery and shiny wearing it alone. there are superfine, tiny glimmers in the tubes and the glitters hold a long wear. 



No comments:

Post a Comment